Ads

Questions, compliments, suggestions comments on the site go here.

Moderators: Quanette, Issus, Phii, Urwin

Ads

Postby Quanette on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:05 am

Just a heads up: I'm looking into AdSense alternatives since Google cancelled my account for Click fraud - apparently I pay people to make me all of the ~40 dollars a month I make on advertisements for this site.

Anyway, feedback/suggestions are welcome here. I will be incorporating some new, non-intrusive advertisements soonish.
Quanette
Führer Courtney

Character Name: Quanette

Re: Ads

Postby Navak on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:22 am

Quanette wrote:Just a heads up: I'm looking into AdSense alternatives since Google cancelled my account for Click fraud - apparently I pay people to make me all of the ~40 dollars a month I make on advertisements for this site.

Anyway, feedback/suggestions are welcome here. I will be incorporating some new, non-intrusive advertisements soonish.

Well, at least you can rely on that awesome Google customer service!
[07/10/2008 00:46:14] <QuesloWork> to many civil liberties is what got us attacked in the fist place thanks bill

That said, Simu has always been like this, anyone that has played any of their games for an extended period of time knows they're tight-lipped. You'd also know that they deliver what they say they're going to and it's of the highest quality when it's done. - Some idiot on MMORPG
Navak
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Trent on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:59 am

Gonna report you to the IRS.
Trent
Trent
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk

Character Name: .

Postby mylthazz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 am

kontera
adbrite
infolinks

doubt it would work here but own advertising campaign for a cpa offer, but occasionally free games show up in cpa offers that give money per sign up

problem is the site has a relatively small user based compared to other message boards so all the clicks will come from a small group of IPs and most likely lead to same click fraud banning as before

you can also appeal. i put one of my sites for sale once which had adsense revenue and some guy just click bombed it and got my account suspended. It took a couple of days but google fixed it. So now whenever I sell sites I remove all advertising and just leave placeholders
mylthazz
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: I QUIT BC I WAS BORED

Postby mylthazz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 am

i'd also try buysellads, just post impressions/target audience and you can find someone who will give you $30/month for a banner ad or something

for message boards complex media network works well but the advertisements they put up are horrible (singing, talking, takes up whole screen, etc.). another benefit would be they share random links from your site with other sites, but that won't really work for here since it's private
mylthazz
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Quanette on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:36 am

I sent in an appeal to Google but I'm not counting on anything. If they let me have my account back I will just take the $100+ they owe me and close down the ads since I definitely don't want this happening again. Added insult to injury is that they just sent me a $300 AdWords coupon to try to get me to use that service. lol

I signed up for AdBrite and Infolinks and will probably incorporate them if Google denies my appeal. I will check out the other one you posted as well. Thanks for the info.
Quanette
Führer Courtney

Postby mylthazz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 am

btw from what i read on other message boards when i got suspended if you get suspended for click fraud you won't be getting that check

all the money in your account at the time you get suspended disappears
mylthazz
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Quanette on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

mylthazz wrote:btw from what i read on other message boards when i got suspended if you get suspended for click fraud you won't be getting that check

all the money in your account at the time you get suspended disappears

Yes they said they "returned all the money to advertisers" (riiight). But I assumed that they return the money to you if they approve your appeal. Is that not the case?

Also how much would you set a price for on BuySellAds? http://i.imgur.com/JpW01.png
Quanette
Führer Courtney

Postby mylthazz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 am

dunno everything i read people said they never got their money back, but people would be more likely to post if they didn't get their money. you wouldn't see a lot of posts like adsense banned but i got my money

i haven't used buysellads in about a year because their commission sucks but i would put some $10-$20 offers out for 100x100 ads and maybe build a grid of 4-6. with the numbers of impressions some people should bite.

these are the results i got from last time i used buysellads, not too bad but the CTR Is small and the two sites are in the "web design" niche. i only used them for about a year, it was easy to get ads though just at the time they were taking too much for themselves and there were better offers out there so i switched before i sold the site

Last edited by mylthazz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mylthazz
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Pureblade on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:32 am

but i really did want to learn about pet cremation and insurance, in that order. :(
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Pureblade

Postby Quanette on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:36 am

Wah why can't I make 2,000 a month on stupid ads.
Quanette
Führer Courtney

Postby mylthazz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 am

make site in stupid niche

pay some indian guy to get you on page 1 of google

profit

i made some stupid site just be an affiliate for email templates on themeforest then i started outsourcing custom designs and added site rental

some idiots pay $150/day for a month for site rental and have 7 people lined up to rent the site next month. i charge $100-$200 for custom designs and some guy does them for me for $30

bunch of other sites same thing. just set up a couple of those and use them to pay the bills for the site

exploit globalization to your advantage. you obviously have web skills it's a piece of cake. you don't even need a lot of money to start. when i did i had like $200 and was 30k in debt from college

just got a paypal credit card, maxed it out on romanians and indians while doing a lot of the work myself and now everything just is on autopilot and i have to manage a bunch of indians and romanians and ukranians to make sure they're doing their job and for content i get US people who majored in english and then realized that qualifies them for no job
mylthazz
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Galren on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Show me a link to something you've created, sold and/or maintained mylthazz. I want to see what kind of garbage you actually create on a daily basis.
The internet's ideologies are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying."
Galren
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Ads

Postby Legian on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Galren wrote:Show me a link to something you've created, sold and/or maintained mylthazz. I want to see what kind of garbage you actually create on a daily basis.

Looks like both screenshots show site names. In the case of dzineblogs.com it looks like a pre-launch site with a bunch of SEO spurge on it.
Legian
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Legian

Postby mylthazz on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:57 pm

i sold 6 sites in the last year here are all of them.

http://www.emailtemplates.org - when i sold it it was making ~$8,400 per month but it cost about $2000 a month to maintain it really varied. $4500 was for renting the site, affiliate income from themeforest was about $1000 but it varied, rest was from custom design which i split 70/30 with the person who did the work and that varied. when i sold the site i had just completed a 200 unique newsletter order from some guy but that wasn't included in monthly revenue. i sold because the guy who was doing the templates for me quit and it was too much work for me and i couldn't find anyone trustworthy to work for me

http://www.photoshopstar.com/ - was making $2700/month, cost $630/month to maintain (i was paying $40/article 10 articles a month + $200 for SEO + $30 for VPS), sold for 42.5k. guy who bought it tried to pay writers $20/article, didn't pay for SEO and the site went to hell

http://www.free-electronic-cigarettes.net - was making ~$3200/month, cost $100/month for seo, sold for $19,100 because i think the gov't is going to shut down electronic cigarettes so i jumped ship

http://www.dzineblog.com/ - was making $3400/month, cost $830 to main (paying $40/article 15 articles a month + $200 for SEO + $30 for VPS), sold for $40,000 even

http://www.PitchingMachinesNow.com - this one was bringing in over 70k a month in the spring but only 8k revenue because i had to buy the items and have them shipped to people + $1600/month on ppc advertising. a lot of the money came from 2% cashback on my plum card. i sold because i had 3 really good months and put it up for auction based on that and some idiot paid me $149,000 not realizing it is a seasonal item

the 6th was to a friend and i'd rather not post it here because i like him and don't want to give out what he's making and what not

i usually only sell the ones when i think they're on the decline in terms of income. right now in my "portfolio" i have 23 sites in addition to ppc campaigns i run depending on what is selling at the time. so i usually spend like 7 hours a day maintaining the 23 sites, and 7 hours a day on PPC campaigns. i earn more from PPC Campaigns but there's only so much to sell at once and it requires floating a lot of money (pay for clicks ahead of time, don't get paid from affiliates for a month) so i cap the amount of money i spent per day on ads [usually 3k on facebook, 1k between bing/google] with them to lower my risk and not have a lot of money sitting in limbo
mylthazz
Smelly Cat Immortal

Next

Return to smelly-cat.org