BAI JHIME

Special Library of Legendary Threads

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Galren on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:22 am

Destron wrote:
Galren wrote:My problem is that this is the behavior that got new Jhime/Vanmar his bad name



No, I'm pretty sure that was the buying a $4500 character and running around killing anyone he didn't like that was pvp open.


I seem to recall the kid doing a lot of baiting early in his Professional Douche Bag career and getting his face rocked quite often. Buying a high level character just added to his douche resume it wasn't his modus operandi. And Steve, while I certainly don't play nearly as much as I used to I've never stopped reading these boards and I've had a run in with Vanmar in the past on my empath in Ratha. I'm not blind to his level of asshattery.

You don't have to agree with my stance or even think it's rational to take some high road in this situation. For a lot of people the ends did justify the means and it doesn't matter how it was done. I guess I have a healthy fear of being labeled a hypocrite for condoning these kinds of actions while speaking out against them for the past decade or however long this god forsaken game has been around :P

p.s. SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND :D
The internet's ideologies are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying."
Galren
Rippentropp Don't Stop
User avatar
 
Posts: 6520
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:12 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Issus on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:16 am

I can see your point. My personal reasoning for not condoning reporting is because it inherently has a possibility of getting someone locked out of the game permanently. Even if I don't like someone or how they play their character, I don't ever want someone locked out since that's just another blow to the already small playerbase. Pretty much every character in the game adds *something* to the mix that's worth keeping them around for.

Vanmar, however, lacked even the slightest bit of valuable contribution. His play method detracted from the game as a whole. If nothing else, the fact that he pretty much fucked up the gentlemans agreement that the Open profile status had around it was worth him getting banned, IMO.
Tuxter whispers, "OOC is this a script?"
Tuxter whispers, "ooc like .ACTLIKEABITCH"
Tuxter whispers, "ooc Can I borrow it?"

Image
Issus
Messiah Steve
User avatar
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:24 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Character Name: Issus

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Meragin on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 am

But if you think about it Vanmar was having more good players LOed through his own baiting. So you probably are having a larger player base without him around. Also, sure we can handle it, but how many true noobs do you think he may have griefed and ran off?
You ask, "Thats a...shocker?" Meragin holds up three fingers.

Image
Meragin
Smelly Cat Immortal
User avatar
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Team Smokebeerpool
Character Name: Marcus Motorboatus

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Copernicus on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:39 pm

It's one thing to report someone because you get killed once. I don't think anyone here except Yamcer advocates that. However, when someone makes it their mission to be disruptive to the game overall, I think that reporting is perfectly appropriate.

Also lol @ your mechanics argument george. If anything, mechanics are the problem. Even if everyone had made it their mission to go after Jhime, nothing could really be done. Because he didn't really care about the character he didn't train up, and you can't walk people anymore. He had nothing to lose.
Copernicus
Smelly Cat Immortal
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
Character Name: Copernicus

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby mazrian on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Copernicus wrote:It's one thing to report someone because you get killed once. I don't think anyone here except Yamcer advocates that. However, when someone makes it their mission to be disruptive to the game overall, I think that reporting is perfectly appropriate.

Also lol @ your mechanics argument george. If anything, mechanics are the problem. Even if everyone had made it their mission to go after Jhime, nothing could really be done. Because he didn't really care about the character he didn't train up, and you can't walk people anymore. He had nothing to lose.


He was also reporting up a storm, apparently, the times he did get gang banged. IIRC that's what led to his profile being reset to Closed.
mazrian
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:32 pm
Character Name: Mazrian Ysselt Pormithius

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Rayfe on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Did I miss the part where Khras baited him into sucking his dick?

Is that somewhere in the log or an IRC log?

Did Khras IM him and say give me text head in the game????????

I'm missing the actual baiting part. He wasn't locked out for the PvP kill (which WAS baited). I thought he was locked out for sucking text dick.
(1:17:57 PM) peta40oz: No man is guna tell me what to do with my puss
Rayfe
Smelly Cat Immortal
User avatar
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: San Diego
Character Name: moarlawlz

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Copernicus on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Rayfe wrote:Did I miss the part where Khras baited him into sucking his dick?

Is that somewhere in the log or an IRC log?

Did Khras IM him and say give me text head in the game????????

I'm missing the actual baiting part. He wasn't locked out for the PvP kill (which WAS baited). I thought he was locked out for sucking text dick.


Cyberwhores everywhere, beware!
Copernicus
Smelly Cat Immortal
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
Character Name: Copernicus

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Baelor on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Rayfe wrote:Did I miss the part where Khras baited him into sucking his dick?

Is that somewhere in the log or an IRC log?

Did Khras IM him and say give me text head in the game????????

I'm missing the actual baiting part. He wasn't locked out for the PvP kill (which WAS baited). I thought he was locked out for sucking text dick.


The minute the word rape was mentioned you could see where the GMs attitude towards the whole situation changed and there was going to be a LO. LOL now a sexual consent verb is going to come out.

Warn penis interact.
Baelor
Smelly Cat Immortal
User avatar
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:06 am
Character Name: Nostromo

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Trent on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Avrii wrote:
GrandMasterTrent wrote:3. While I have no problem with people reporting, I usually prefer to let people go crazy on their own first.


Didn't you repeatedly threaten to report Saet if he fucked with your scripting in caracals?

The PMs you sent him while you were raging about how you'd report his ass were precious.


Copernicus wrote:However, when someone makes it their mission to be disruptive to the game overall, I think that reporting is perfectly appropriate.


How are your noob characters coming btw? Still trying to hide them from Solomon's Eye?
Trent
Trent
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk
User avatar
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:08 am
Character Name: .

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Avrii on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Oooooh must've hit a nerve, just like having someone that's joking with you in a friendly manner cast riftul summons on you one time makes you rage out and report. That's not disruptive to the game environment buddy. Disruption is a lot more than a friend messing with you once.

You've always been a qqing reporter, it seems people forgot that or gave you a pass when you went to one con. You qq and report at the drop of a hanky

Ps Angy gave me Ryxa, says right there under my character name

Come and get me Crazy Mike, I won't even report you like Trent would
tremulous wrote:Life's one big game of mafia to Sara.


<Overlord_45> look i can pay enough attention to the characters to recognize that it's really fucking funny for certain characters to take the actions that they've chosen to take in this game and also want to replace my eyes with my testicles to see if the Nadugan will awaken the power to truly purge my memory of ever watching this
Avrii
Smelly Cat Immortal
User avatar
 
Posts: 10577
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:19 am
Character Name: Ryxa

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Trent on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 pm

:psyduck:
Trent
Trent
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk
User avatar
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:08 am
Character Name: .

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Magrid on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:02 pm

so what's the word on how long Jhime is out for?
(1:35:49 PM) C0lettea1: damn he is hard
(1:54:38 PM) C0lettea1: men suck

Image
Image
Magrid
Smelly Cat Immortal
User avatar
 
Posts: 5384
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:16 pm
Location: Riverhaven: Theren Way
Character Name: Magrid

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby WoodersonWM on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Gold.
WoodersonWM
Smelly Cat Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Dallas
Character Name: Wooderson

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Totenus on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 am

Zurion wrote:Anyone else turned on by the log? Anyone?
Lasciel says, "There's no proof that any of us aren't married to the most eligible necromancer-bachelor in Elanthia."
Lasciel says, "But we can dream."
Totenus
Smelly Cat Immortal
User avatar
 
Posts: 3138
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:51 am
Character Name: Madigan

Re: BAI JHIME

Postby Copernicus on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 am

GrandMasterTrent wrote:How are your noob characters coming btw? Still trying to hide them from Solomon's Eye?


Why would I be hiding from Solomon? I haven't had a warning in Dragonrealms in probably a decade and I've never been locked out. I still play on my original DR account. And I don't AFK script except in TF. So...
Copernicus
Smelly Cat Immortal
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
Character Name: Copernicus

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron