DR3 Is Live

Dragonrealms-related stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Quanette, Issus, Phii, Urwin

Re: DR3 Is Live

Postby Anubys on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Aeggis wrote:Everyone needs to stop being a smelly vag, and start playing again.

Wake me up when DR is $9.99, comes with 3 character slots, and the first 400 ranks are 10x faster to learn. I don't want to spend the next 3 years of my life playing catch up to have any fun. I have a wife, and a daughter, and a job, and I can't devote 8 hours a day to watching text scroll by.
Anubys
Smelly Cat Fanboy

Character Name: NA

Postby Aeggis on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:34 pm

What the fuck do you people need to catch up to? You can make 150th in a year if you wanted to, but that's not the game really. Lot of people have figured that out too late and quit. It is what you make it. Develop a character and have fun with it. I do agree with the price part, so if that is the main concern for you...understood.
Ventuul says, "Perhaps you should venture forth and find your own stories."

Tildi exclaims, "I will, when I'm bigger and taller!"

You say, "Take this, its dangerous to go alone."

You offer your throwing dagger to Tildi, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Aeggis
Smelly Cat Beast

Character Name: Uthgaaaaaaaaar

Postby ItsRagranBitches on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:46 pm

I read that as "moistered" and chortled forthwith
Descendents, I'm Not A Loser
You think that life is really tough when your daddy won't buy you a brand new car
Take a girl out, she won't fuck you, you just bought her a gram of coke
Spent all your money on shitty coke

I'm not a loser!, that's right, I'm not a loser!, I'm not a loser!
ItsRagranBitches
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Ragran

Postby dongfu on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Be glad I'm living vicarious through you fucker

I stabbed every bitch in here and ill
Do it again
dongfu
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Jondong

Postby Vinjince on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am

Having experienced 3.0 as much as anyone else and still currently playing (only like twice a week these days) I think it brought some good things to DR but also they went too far.

2.0 was full of OP systems and PvP was exciting.

3.0 is a bit more balanced but PvP is less exciting. I'm hoping that nerfing barriers helps make it more epic since there's nothing more boring than having to throw 4084323 times to kill some noob that has 500 less ranks in combats and then having them rave about how good it feels that they survived as long as they did.

I'm starting to just wish they had fixed bow/arrow damage and fixed stacking buffs so that you can't buff a weapon from 600 to 1100+ ranks.

BMR/MR needed to be nerfed and they did great as far as that goes.

GM support doesn't seem to be as strong either. It's pretty much only one guy handling the major systems. And while he has done a terrific job I still feel like the Barbarian situation could've turned out a lot better if he listened to a lot of the concerns presented. For me, it sucks to see so many nicely designed abilities suffer because of the way Inner Fire works, and I don't think I have what it takes to spend the next 5 years getting my supernatural terts up to the ranks required for me to function as well as a magic user the same circle/combats is doing.

So I don't know where I stand right now. Some people will enjoy it, some won't. I've always enjoyed every aspect of it, from the RP to the training to the PvP. Events has been fantastic, but the combat system/PvP hasn't been great at all for me lately.
Vahlissa gestures at you.
A crackling stream of energy flies at you.
A sickening crunch comes from you as your chest collapses like an accordion. An awkward moment passes before the pathetically flailing limbs fall away from your tortured body in an explosion of flesh and sinew.
A panicked scream pierces the air. "Murderer!" You notice the nearby citizenry staring at Vahlissa briefly, before most quickly run off in fear.
* Vinjince was just struck down!
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died!
Vinjince
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Vinjince

Postby p0th0n on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Vinjince wrote:Having experienced 3.0 as much as anyone else and still currently playing (only like twice a week these days) I think it brought some good things to DR but also they went too far.

2.0 was full of OP systems and PvP was exciting.

3.0 is a bit more balanced but PvP is less exciting. I'm hoping that nerfing barriers helps make it more epic since there's nothing more boring than having to throw 4084323 times to kill some noob that has 500 less ranks in combats and then having them rave about how good it feels that they survived as long as they did.

I'm starting to just wish they had fixed bow/arrow damage and fixed stacking buffs so that you can't buff a weapon from 600 to 1100+ ranks.

BMR/MR needed to be nerfed and they did great as far as that goes.

GM support doesn't seem to be as strong either. It's pretty much only one guy handling the major systems. And while he has done a terrific job I still feel like the Barbarian situation could've turned out a lot better if he listened to a lot of the concerns presented. For me, it sucks to see so many nicely designed abilities suffer because of the way Inner Fire works, and I don't think I have what it takes to spend the next 5 years getting my supernatural terts up to the ranks required for me to function as well as a magic user the same circle/combats is doing.

So I don't know where I stand right now. Some people will enjoy it, some won't. I've always enjoyed every aspect of it, from the RP to the training to the PvP. Events has been fantastic, but the combat system/PvP hasn't been great at all for me lately.

barbs complain but why is it some hoebag with like 400 debil can spam roar me np (lookin at u buuwl)
haven't tested throwns too much but when i did they seem to hit p legit (600 LT and 800 HT against paladin that hunts headsplitters so def not a 500 rank difference) i do definitely need to test pvp more though..i really wanna SA Someone to death already
Warchyld says, "You been reported."
Warchyld says, "Like I said you been reported."
Warchyld says, "And you have been reported."
With the speed of a striking snake, you thump Warchyld in the neck with the edge of your flattened palm striking him in the vocal cords. Warchyld clutches his throat, wheezing pathetically.
Leonned says, "Consider yourself warned from interaction with any of my guys."
p0th0n
Smelly Cat Kitten

Character Name: Komarov

Postby Khil on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Anubys wrote:
Aeggis wrote:Everyone needs to stop being a smelly vag, and start playing again.

Wake me up when DR is $9.99, comes with 3 character slots, and the first 400 ranks are 10x faster to learn. I don't want to spend the next 3 years of my life playing catch up to have any fun. I have a wife, and a daughter, and a job, and I can't devote 8 hours a day to watching text scroll by.
Khil
Smelly Cat Fanboy

Character Name: Khil

Postby ItsRagranBitches on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Three nuns die and find themselves in front of the pearly gates, where St Peter stands holding his Golden Book.
You think that life is really tough when your daddy won't buy you a brand new car

ItsRagranBitches
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby dongfu on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:55 am

ItsRagranBitches wrote:Three nuns die and find themselves in front of the pearly gates, where St Peter stands holding his Golden Book.

Reminds me of the time I gave your mom a pearl necklace
dongfu
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Jondong

Postby Libertine on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:30 am

what new stuff do they have in dr
Winterangel says, "stay out of my pockets"
You say, "No"
Winterangel says, "i dont like people playing wiht my pockets"
Winterangel says, "since i cant hurt you"
Winterangel says, "you do it again i will report you"
Your mind hears Winterangel thinking, "if someone could take care of Darkeno i would be most happy"
Libertine
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk

Character Name: Majebrad

Postby ItsRagranBitches on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm

o shit

ItsRagranBitches
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Destron on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:46 pm

When does DR go F2P? Does it have to drop below 100 avg. active players first?
>Kiorlien asks, "Are ye a Paladin sir Vasilim?"
>Vasilim says, "depends on how many drinks"

"Player Versus Player is frowned upon in DragonRealms.
Only courteous players survive here!"
Destron
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Rudius

Postby Drewskii on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:35 am

With the way they're handling the micro-trans store, my guess would be never.
Drewskii
Smelly Cat Noob

Character Name: Baeleth

Postby Joshers on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm

How many users is it upto now during the primetime hours?
<henri> yo serakk
<henri> im going to be in florida for like a month
<henri> we should bang
<henri> hang
<henri> hang out
<henri> we should hang out
<&serakk> afk
---
Abasha whispers, "you killed 116 people, dear god. and died 9 times"
Joshers
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Banstick McNOTLockout

Postby Drewskii on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 am

350-400 at regular prime time hours and you might see 450-500 during big events which have been happening about once a week.
Drewskii
Smelly Cat Noob

Character Name: Baeleth

PreviousNext

Return to General Game Discussion