GM Favoritism

Dragonrealms-related stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Quanette, Issus, Phii, Urwin

GM Favoritism

Postby Khiol on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 am

I just got some VERY disturburbing info +logs from GM interaction and the accuse system. I had read and understood that it WAS mech abuse to accuse someone on multi accounts or w/e as the same player. Not as multiple seperate people. Let me get this straight with you all, I was not in any way involved in said incident, just a recipient of the flat info/logs. So that said multiple people accuse someone to the witchhunters for w/e reason if you wanna talk RP reasons we'll take that tangent. If you are gunna report someone to a violent right wing witch hunting organization. You are NOT gunna advertise/gweth ANYTHING to state that your are going to do so. Flat out if you disagree with that you are just not functional mentally IMO.

That all said I cannot see how this evenings events even happened at all aside from favoritism flat out. reviewing the situation from a thir party standpoint I just don't see it any other way. I open this thread to get the general player consensus on what is acceptable use of accuse? The mechanic was coded to be anonymous so why is it okay to report when you are accused? I also want to report on the myriad amounts of people who accuse me eveytime I step into town uninvis because I have not been openly necro in front of massive people so to the rest of em its hearsay ICly.

Basically what I see is it was straight for a necro to be spam purged and run outta town (at first with me it was a metagame situaton for the record) but as soon as some Gm's chosen one reports on it its mech abuse? c'mon people this is lame in every sense of the word. Wake up!

Also quite a few characters get fraud charges from a GM mechanic based off this event. I am very upset by the action I saw taken tonight. I would like to see accuse removed if the favorites are immune from it just based on thier staus with certain GM's

I posted this and it was pulled from thier forums...
~Exiled~
Khiol
Smelly Cat Noob

Character Name: Khiol

Re: GM Favoritism

Postby Pureblade on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 am

Well this is vague and foot stompy.
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Pureblade

Postby Khiol on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 am

I posted it here because it was getting blackballed on the simuforums, the parties involved know who they are.
~Exiled~
Khiol
Smelly Cat Noob

Postby PucktinDR on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:49 am

Pureblade wrote:Well this is vague and foot stompy.

Basically...

I got my friends to purge Caraamon...it was glorious. Took 10 people to accuse of necromancy to get him charges. After he got arrested and was still in the city the next accuse gets insta purge.

I'm guessing he cried about it. Shortly after he got purged, the people I had told about it, but were too far away jumped in and started running to crossing to join our "witch hunt."

I was standing at guards spamming ACCUSE CARAAMON OF NECRO repeatedly, so as soon as he stepped out of the forge he'd get purged. It worked. Then I kept doing it to catch him when he left the Temple and Quarel showed up.

Edit:

I left out, the reason why other people are raging - when they finally got to Crossing, they all heard I was with Quarel... so they stopped spamming accuses and were just TALKING out loud to each other about Caraamon being a necro and all caught "fraud" charges and were instantly arrested.
PucktinDR
Smelly Cat Noob

Postby Pureblade on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 am

PucktinDR wrote:they stopped spamming accuses and were just TALKING out loud to each other about Caraamon being a necro and all caught "fraud" charges and were instantly arrested.

If they were all saying "let's all go accuse Caraamon of being a Necromancer that will be funny" why wouldn't they get slapped with fraud charges?
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Totenus on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 am

That intervention probably had more to do with how easy it is to abuse the accuse system (which needs to be completely re-imagined) than any actual favoritism. I doubt that GMs, Quarel included, find Caraamon to be much less obnoxious than most players do.
Lasciel says, "There's no proof that any of us aren't married to the most eligible necromancer-bachelor in Elanthia."
Lasciel says, "But we can dream."
Totenus
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Madigan

Postby Pureblade on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

Totenus wrote:That intervention probably had more to do with how easy it is to abuse the accuse system

Probably even more about the people openly gloating/colluding about it.
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Khiol on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:58 am

To the best of my knowledge that was never done for anyone else, had it been a necromancer or necrosupporter that was done to it wouldn't have taken any open speaking RP to do it and have no issue. I know for a fact when I am seen in town even just running through I am spam accused or have been on numerous occasions. Concerns about how accuse works were brought up in a thread on the simu forums. The insta-purge first time thing was done away with as a result.

Now the system is still binary and poorly disigned. But to threaten a player with mech abuse for utalizing a system with a timer set by the design team (Simu Employees) is just outrageous. Then blackball any attempt to bring recognition on thier site about it all. Screams oh no we don't want this getting any public view so we'll just pull all the posts. Immediately pulled.
~Exiled~
Khiol
Smelly Cat Noob

Postby Pureblade on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 am

Khiol wrote:But to threaten a player with mech abuse for utalizing a system with a timer set by the design team (Simu Employees) is just outrageous. Then blackball any attempt to bring recognition on thier site about it all.

It sounds like the only thing that happened were people were punished ICly for ICly talking about falsely accusing someone of Necromancy for the sake of accusing the person of Necromancy, and they were only caught/punished because they were openly talking about it to begin with.

Not sure where people were accused of abusing mechanics.

Khiol wrote:Screams oh no we don't want this getting any public view so we'll just pull all the posts. Immediately pulled.

A more likely scenario is that you weren't involved/getting mad based on hearsay/seem to be more pissed about your own personal grudge against being accused yourself.
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Aeggis on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 pm

We had already successfully accused a number of non-necro people numerous times in the previous weeks. Granted, some of them were like Walcar or Netherlich and it makes RP sense to accuse them. The whole situation was hilarious though. Response time from Caraamon getting purged and him reporting was crazy fast from the GMs and the rounding up the people involved. We're talking South Central response time vs. Beverly hills response time. So yeah, there could be noticeable favortisim involved with Caraamon (or could just be that Caraamon is a little more kown to the GMs than the others we've purged in past weeks). Either way, agree with Tote about they need to re-do the whole purge system.
Ventuul says, "Perhaps you should venture forth and find your own stories."

Tildi exclaims, "I will, when I'm bigger and taller!"

You say, "Take this, its dangerous to go alone."

You offer your throwing dagger to Tildi, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Aeggis
Smelly Cat Beast

Character Name: Uthgaaaaaaaaar

Postby Zaktraw on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:57 pm

What game are you playing? It sounds boring.
Oh look, a signature. Fancy that.
Zaktraw
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: No time for anything.

Postby Joshers on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:59 pm

None of this is surprising. Caraamon has been a mentor for years, I am more than confident he's atleast somewhat friendly with a few GMs if not one himself. But being a bunch of assclowns cause its funny (it is) is going to bring heat on you anytime you do it on a large enough scale, you need to be smart enough to drop the swag and dip out the second a GM beams down.
<henri> yo serakk
<henri> im going to be in florida for like a month
<henri> we should bang
<henri> hang
<henri> hang out
<henri> we should hang out
<&serakk> afk
---
Abasha whispers, "you killed 116 people, dear god. and died 9 times"
Joshers
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Banstick McNOTLockout

Postby Aeggis on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 pm

I was really wanting to organize a mass accuse on Gyfford the next time Q was playing him too. There goes that idea. :(
Ventuul says, "Perhaps you should venture forth and find your own stories."

Tildi exclaims, "I will, when I'm bigger and taller!"

You say, "Take this, its dangerous to go alone."

You offer your throwing dagger to Tildi, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Aeggis
Smelly Cat Beast

Character Name: Uthgaaaaaaaaar

Postby Drewskii on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 am

Par for the course. I don't see the reason to nerd rage over this. A mechanic was used in an unintended way to pick on someone who is a known reporter. Be glad it was just IC reprecussions.
Drewskii
Smelly Cat Noob

Character Name: Baeleth

Postby Elriic on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 pm

There was flat out favoritism with Caraamon getting his social outrage removed. And yes he did whine to GameMasters about it rather than just waiting it out. I don't blame him for trying though.

Smish was successfully accused and was told by the GameMasters 'too bad' and she had to wait it out. Yet here we are with Caraamon and of course he is allowed to abuse mechanics by hiding in a non justice area (the forge), and when he's finally nailed (by the way I love you all for doing it), he's able to get out of it.

And then there was epic interaction with the biggest jackass in the history of DR known as Quarel with someone else who may or may not be on these forums, so I'll leave it vague.
Elriic
Smelly Cat Noob

Character Name: Elriic

Next

Return to General Game Discussion