DAMN son, cold bloooooded

Spread the hate faster than Maries spreads her legs for anyone.

Moderators: Quanette, Issus, Phii, Urwin

Re: DAMN son, cold bloooooded

Postby Galren on Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 am

There's nothing irrational about thinking this kid was a scumbag.

If you died and my first thought was to start spending your money and putting your shit up for sale at the local flea market that would be a pretty sleazy thing to do now wouldn't it? Stop trying to pretend it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.
The internet's ideologies are based on a technique I'm sure you've heard of. It's called "lying."
Galren
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Postby RangerV on Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

I think what Coralin's player did was reprehensible, however, I also think this topic is exhausted and doesn't honor Justin's memory. There are better DR subjects to debate, imho.

~V
RangerV
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Valynn

Postby Haven69 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Personally, I think what the person did, Coralin, was some bitch-assness. But on the other hand, besides people rightfully calling this person out to answer for her/his actions it has been regretfully politicized rather than handled in responsible manner.
Haven69
Smelly Cat Noob

Postby Ardent on Tue May 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Avrii wrote:Serious question here Steve, are you just skimming past Cerval's posts? The ones where he's saying ideally he'd love to see HLC camping Coralin and having him blacklisted? The guy who is saying those happens to be the person that wrote that despicable post.

We've read them. I'm willing to accept that as his personal opinion and let the original point of the first post stand: Coralin did something of questionable motives and he felt people should be made aware.

Which is absolutely fine. Coralin's player said his piece and that's also fine. We're capable of making our own decisions on which is the bigger asshole.
Ardent
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Collain

Postby ItsRagranBitches on Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 pm

lol this is a fucking joke. This is SMELLY-CAT its a laugh that anyone is falling for SARA saying that someone is being treated unfairly. Can we move the fuck on?
Descendents, I'm Not A Loser
You think that life is really tough when your daddy won't buy you a brand new car
Take a girl out, she won't fuck you, you just bought her a gram of coke
Spent all your money on shitty coke

I'm not a loser!, that's right, I'm not a loser!, I'm not a loser!
ItsRagranBitches
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Ragran

Postby synamon on Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Two weeks ago we found out our friend died, and we logged back in to DR to actually play, something we had not done in over a month. I knew Justin because of Terra and his loss made me want to reconnect to the other people that I know because of DR just to kind of touch bases and be sad, but also because I hadn't spoken to him in about a week or so before he died and I felt bad and did not want that to happen with any one else that was important to me because of a silly text game. The thought of 'OMG WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO TERRA'S TEXT CRAP" never crossed my mind until the Coralin post. The thing that really bothers me about it is that some one would try to capitalize on the death of a friend, that is crap. Calling him out on it, in my opinion, was not a bad thing, but that all the focus is now on that really is.

That said, I miss Justin. He laughed at me for all the goofy stuff we pull in game. He was truly disappointed when he could not go to our real wedding, and spent HOURS talking to me about kids and family and causes that were important to the both of us. If all of Terra's stuff disappeared into the oblivion it would kind of suck because he really did work very hard on those text things, but ultimately it doesn't really matter. I miss my friend.
synamon
Smelly Cat Noob

Character Name: synamon

Postby themonkdr on Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Galren wrote:There's nothing irrational about thinking this kid was a scumbag.

If you died and my first thought was to start spending your money and putting your shit up for sale at the local flea market that would be a pretty sleazy thing to do now wouldn't it? Stop trying to pretend it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

This.
~Terc~
"I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders." - Ted Nugent
themonkdr
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Tercsyn

Postby Pureblade on Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Guys, let's just focus on the important issues.

I want to make it official.

Pureblade must be buried with his Elpalzi claymore sheath and Crossing Town Guard themed outfit.
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Pureblade

Postby Silvwyn on Tue May 15, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm still with Pam, Sara, and Navak. The actions were shitty, the post was shitty. The whole thing was shitty. Sure, fine, let people know what's up. That's understandable. But don't make some huge post about it where you sneak in a "and you all should be extra mad at Coralin because you could have had Terra's pretty text stuff until they ruined it for you all." and what comes across to me as a plea to the gms to give them the stuff at the end.

I'm sorry, but I'm not stupid. You present the most sympathetic, good intentioned image you can in public, where everyone can read it and have their hearts bleed for you. Then you ask for something while all eyes are on you and see if you can pressure them into a favourable response at the risk of looking heartless. It's like proposing to someone on live television rather than in private. Maybe you're hoping that knowing all of america is watching will be enough to get them to say yes if they were unsure. Whether that was the intended message of the OP or not, that's how it ultimately came across to some people, myself included.

I'm not even going to get into Coralin's response where they felt like they had to post about Terra's private life to "prove" how close a friend they were and how justified their actions were.

It's ugly, and everyone is wrong imo. Like I said before, the GMs need to put the stuff back onto Terra's account and then close it permanently. There is not a single person in all of DR that has a right to loot anything from that account for any reason.
[18:45] <Teeklin> but seriously (and I didn't think I'd ever say this) I need a vibrator
Silvwyn
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk

Character Name: MY GAMES HAVE GRAPHICS

Postby ItsRagranBitches on Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm

i think my underwear is too tight. my balls hurt a little bit today. Sort of like blue balls, but not.
Descendents, I'm Not A Loser
You think that life is really tough when your daddy won't buy you a brand new car
Take a girl out, she won't fuck you, you just bought her a gram of coke
Spent all your money on shitty coke

I'm not a loser!, that's right, I'm not a loser!, I'm not a loser!
ItsRagranBitches
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Ragran

Postby Issus on Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm done with this thread. Coralin, you were wrong to steal, everyone else, you were wrong to care, the only right thing to do is stand in the back and tell people they were all wrong. Got it.

LAST POST
Tuxter whispers, "OOC is this a script?"
Tuxter whispers, "ooc like .ACTLIKEABITCH"
Tuxter whispers, "ooc Can I borrow it?"

Issus
Messiah Steve

Character Name: Issus

Postby Marsais on Tue May 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I debated on whether or not I wanted to reply to all of this, because I do want the subject to just die. Sara and Issus both made some good points: People handle grief differently and Coralin's actions were scumbagish.

I mainly want to clarify that the majority of Terra/Justin's friends were reaching out to others, and talking about all the good times and great things that they remember. In fact, one of his close friends (who was in contact with his RL family) was organizing a memorial for him, and since I left DR over a month ago, she personally reached out to me in IM's to tell me the sad news, gave me her RL phone number, and we discussed things that we could do to honor Justin's memory. She did this for a lot of people. This was not a solo thing, this was a group of his close friends asking each other what he would want, and what would be a nice way for people to remember him by. At no point was anyone bickering over his text items.

Now on the other hand, while people were still coming to terms with the news of his death, still numb with shock; one friend decided to take matters into his own hands without consulting, discussing, or reaching out to anyone. I think if Coralin would have waiting a week, it wouldn't have been as shocking as the very next day was. His actions rubbed a whole lot of salt into our grieving wounds, which comes through in the original DR post on the forums. There is a lot of pain in that post, and it's exactly the kind of response you see when someone is actively grieving. It echoed my feelings.

Now I admit, I don't know Coralin's player. Maybe he is the type of guy who when a loved one dies, he sorts through their stuff and holds a rummage sell in the front yard of their house the day after his loved one dies. That's fine, if that's how he handles grief, but his reply on the DR forums personally told me everything I needed to know about his actions.

Anyway, none of this will bring Justin back. Burial preparation, memorials, looking at old pictures, and trying to carry out your loved ones wishes are all part of the healing process for those left behind. Since we all knew Justin through DR, it's the only sort of thing we have at the moment, and despite the actions of one, I hope the event that Justin was working on with his close friend goes through, since he worked so hard planning it.
You hear the ghostly voice of Nefidyne say, "Man why you pickin on me."

Evro says to Zrxa, "I may not fight well, but I know how to."
Marsais
Smelly Cat Noob

Postby nerdinstincts on Tue May 15, 2012 4:04 pm

I think when it comes down to it, it's all a matter of perspective.

People that knew and were close to Justin are outraged by what Coralin did. People that weren't, well, aren't.

Justin was one of my best friends, and I one of his. Other people who actually KNEW Justin (and I'm not talking about just RPing or chatting with Terra from time to time) knew how much those things meant to him. I guarantee, for him, they weren't 'just text'. Could I explain exactly why his life was such that this is true? Yeah, I knew him that well. But it's none of your business. I'm not sharing Justin's personal life to defend my actions. I know for a lot of people here, it is 'just text'. Most people that frequent SC go to great lengths to dissociate themselves from their text - I've read countless threads/posts around here about accepting that as fact, getting over the 'PvP shakes' and getting over being text-killed. I get it, I do it too - hell, I reroll FAR more than Ysselt even. But what made Justin such a great player is he did the exact opposite. I can tell you for a fact that Terra meant more to him than pretty much any other possession. His alterations were an extension of that. So when someone stole the things that meant so much to him, I saw red. Still do actually.

For the random third-party reader who doesn't know any of us, I get it. You're thinking 'ok, Justin had some friends who are fighting over his shit'. But this part right here boils down to one thing: Coralin tried to sell them. I don't know how many people bought his lying bullshit post, but I sure didn't. Had he been overcome with grief and didn't want the items to be lost, he would have just collected them up and held on to them. But he started hawking them immediately. Let me be perfectly clear on this point: Had Coralin not tried to sell these things within a day of taking them, none of this argument would be taking place.

Avrii wrote:
CuriousB wrote:However, I would like to point out that the posts reviling Coralin's player for his actions have taken precedence over any posts remembering the good times with Terra's player.

This

I agree. And for this one thing, I am sorry. But again I feel this also has to do with perspective. When people that actually knew Justin/Terra remember him, it will be the good times, not this incident. I honestly didn't think of the random third party person who knew none involved, and thus will only remember this incident. I can blame it on my grief right? That seems to be the common scapegoat.

Issus wrote:How about this: Instead of acting like Terra's friends are tearing eachother apart, which they are not, or desperate to get their hands on his text items, which only one person was, you post in reaction to what is *actually* happening instead of the drama bomb you so desperately want it to be?

This. There were a number of us (not just Heather and I) who knew Justin personally and were going to decide together what to do with things we knew he wouldn't want lost. Things that would honor his memory. Just one example - Terra was going to loan her wedding dress to Eiysa (? Some E name, I forget, Heather remembers), Heather thought it would be nice to just give it to her. Justin's real friends aren't sharks frantically waiting for his chum-items to hit the water. Only one person did that.

Do I feel shame at what I did? Not a chance. In my mind Brent/Coralin is a piece of shit who preyed off Justin's kindness in the worst way. I'm sorry you think I should have just ignored it because 'it's just text'. But I knew what that text meant to Justin. I'm not sorry for pointing out what Coralin did. If this cast a shadow on Justin - that is my only regret.
nerdinstincts
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Dante

Postby Fallen Bard on Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 pm

For what it's worth, both actions rub me the wrong way.

While I think what Coralin or whateverhisfaceiscalled did is a dishonorable thing to do to a friend, I also think it is equally as dishonorable to try and paint a person in a bad light to a mass of people who didn't even whitness the event.

Basically if Bob at my work did something terrible to one of my friend coworkers I wouldn't go around telling everyone else in the office what Bob did to try to get them all to not like him. I would confront Bob myself about what he did and have him make ammends.

But my opinion doesn't matter, and I think we're all spending a lot of negative energy on one thing.
Fallen Bard
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Leilond

Postby themonkdr on Tue May 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Fallen Bard wrote:For what it's worth, both actions rub me the wrong way.

While I think what Coralin or whateverhisfaceiscalled did is a dishonorable thing to do to a friend, I also think it is equally as dishonorable to try and paint a person in a bad light to a mass of people who didn't even whitness the event.

Basically if Bob at my work did something terrible to one of my friend coworkers I wouldn't go around telling everyone else in the office what Bob did to try to get them all to not like him. I would confront Bob myself about what he did and have him make ammends.

But my opinion doesn't matter, and I think we're all spending a lot of negative energy on one thing.

Um, if someone does something shitty then you should point it out so others are aware that that is the kind of person they are.

If your coworker stole something from you is it ok to just have them make amends or let your coworkers know that the person is a thief so they're more careful around the thief?
~Terc~
"I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders." - Ted Nugent
themonkdr
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Tercsyn

PreviousNext

Return to People You Love to Hate